cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager and Phone services button

Phil Bradley
Level 4
Level 4

I am having issues on occasion with users seeing blank pages when hitting the services button on their 7945 phones. When the user hits this button it should bring up the UCCX login page or their UCCX state page. However, on occasion this just shows a blank page. I have the user reset the phone and the page comes back. Are there any logs that I can enable to troubleshoot this? 

5 Replies 5

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Phil,

What are the cucm , uccx and ip phone firmware versions?

The phone console logs and status messages can be looked into to begin with.

HTH

Manish

Hello Manish,

The CUCM version is 8.6.1.20000-1.

UCCX version 8.5.1.11004-25

Phone firmware SCCP45.9-2-1S

So far I see in RTMT is see a warning that the endpoint unregistered and the next line shows LastOutOfServiceInformation as a ReasonForOutOfService=25

I will check the phone logs as well. This just started happening after 189 days of uptime in callmanager.

If the issue is easily reproducible or very frequent you can try upgrading the phone firmware for a couple of phones to check if it is a firmware related issue.

HTH

Manish

Manish,

I may have found the issue. We recently migrated our DNS servers and the address changed on them. I still had the phones DHCP pool set to the old servers, and in UCCX as well. I am referencing most things by IP though, so this shouldn't have affected most links. I did notice delays in SSH sessions and phone log errors due to this though.

Our service urls that are http are referencing by IP. The https urls are referencing DNS names. Is there a service parameter that specifies to use one over the other?

Hi Phil,

You can check the URL being referenced by taking a packet capture from the IP phone. The service URL or secure service URL can be specified on the phone configuration page on cucm with the IP address in both of them to see if that makes the issue go away.

HTH

Manish