Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager disk High Water Mark alert

@Syed
Level 3
Level 3

Hello All,

I was having the disk High Water Mark setup to 60% so I used to get the alert for disk utilization and I increased the HWM to 95% a couple months back but again it started to prompt that it is reached disk HWM.

How do I free up disk space.

See the alert details below.

UsedDiskSpace : 95
MessageString : Common Disk utilization hits HWM!! Purging files...
AppID : Cisco Log Partition Monitoring Tool
ClusterID :
NodeID : CUCMIPAdresse
 TimeStamp : Fri Apr 10 16:14:48 GST 2020.
The alarm is generated on Fri Apr 10 16:14:48 GST 2020.

Thank you in advance.

2 Replies 2

Hello Syed,

High WaterMark  indicates that the percentage of used disk space in the log partition. If you are getting this alert then your application has stored enough amount of logs to reach the configured value (In your case 95%). once it reaches the configured value the system will start deleting the oldest logs by itself, as you can see in the alert it is saying " Purging files". 

Though it will automatically start deleting the logs file you can manually delete the logs too in order to get rid of this alert. The best way will be to download the logs and delete from the system. you can follow below steps.

1. Login to RTMT (Real Time Monitoring Tool)

2. Select the required logs that you want to delete. (Mostaly callmanager logs and CTi manager logs consume more space)

3. Select the time window for whcih you want to delete the logs and desired location to download the files 

4. on the same window you will see a checkbox " Delete Collected Log Files from Server". check this check box

5. Click on Finish.

Other way is to reduce the Low WaterMark to 10% and High WaterMark to 15% for few minutes (around 30-45 min). this will delete the files automatically. Be informed that this method will loose you the logs file that your organisation may need in future.

Thanks 

Vineet K Gautam