Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager Express GUI?

damir.kaknjo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am at the moment new to voice, although I have routing ccna and experience with data networks.

I just got Cisco ISR 4331 Bundle with UC & Sec Lic  PVDM4-32  CUBE-10 and new phones 7841, 8851, 8861.

The router has version 03.16.00c.S.155-3.S0c so it should probably have CME 11?

I have to setup it, I have been reading CME (CallManager Express) administrator manual, so it says to enable GUI I have to put GUI files on flash and direct http server to them.

I am clear with that, but I can't find GUI files for CME version 11, the highest version of GUI files on cisco download website is 10.5.

I plan to use CME QCT (quick config tool) for initial setup, but from there I would like to administer the telephony from GUI.

Is there a way to enable CME GUI on CME 11?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ryan Huff
Level 4
Level 4

Hello!

The CME code is actually baked right into the firmware of the router. In IOS, CME 11 is only available with version 15.6(1)T.

However, in IOS-XE I'm not entirely sure which code level would be required (if 11 is available in IOS-XE). What you can do is configure telephony-service on the router and then issue the command, show telephony-service and that should show you the current CME version available in the firmware.

You should be able to use the CME 10.5 GUI files with CME 11 (CME GUI doesn't change much).

Thanks,

Ryan

(: ... Please rate helpful posts ... :)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ryan Huff
Level 4
Level 4

Hello!

The CME code is actually baked right into the firmware of the router. In IOS, CME 11 is only available with version 15.6(1)T.

However, in IOS-XE I'm not entirely sure which code level would be required (if 11 is available in IOS-XE). What you can do is configure telephony-service on the router and then issue the command, show telephony-service and that should show you the current CME version available in the firmware.

You should be able to use the CME 10.5 GUI files with CME 11 (CME GUI doesn't change much).

Thanks,

Ryan

(: ... Please rate helpful posts ... :)

Thanks for pointing me to show telephony-service command.

Result of command is in the attachment.

It says I have version 10.5 but its weird since in this document 10.5 is not supported in IOS-XE at all.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/requirements/guide/33matrix.html 

First version is 11 for 3.17S (released a month ago) but I am now pondering should I update IOS or not since there is no 11 GUI files for it.

I will first try on this version of IOS with 10.5 GUI files and see if it works. If not, I will update IOS and try with 10,5 GUI.

The CME compatibility matrix appears to be for IOS only. I looked for a bit but I couldn't find an equivalent matrix for IOS-XE. I also looked in the release notes for the latest IOS-XE firmware release but didn't see anything relevant.

Your listed next steps is what I'd do too. If IOS-XE supports 11, it would likely be in the latest firmware version, otherwise it is probably coming soon. A quick call to TAC or your AM would probably get a definitive answer if 11 isn't in the latest IOS-XE firmware.

Thanks,

Ryan