Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Managuer Express 10.(x) and CP-8831

In the mean time I have to install a CCME (C2911 w/ version 10)  in a remote branch with several conference ip-phones CP-8831  on the local LAN that after some months,  has to be w/ under/migrated the center Call Managuer. I have check on CCW (to order CP-7937G) and it is on a AEOS status flag, and also have seen (if I am not wrong) that  EoS/EoL Notice in CCO : http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps379/end_of_life_notice_c51-729487.html

So, as it Is not clear enoght to solve, There is a firware to be downloaded to the device?... etc.. there is any way to over came the issue?.

I would aprecciate any help and guidance.

Thanks a lot. Eduard.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

They're not EoS quite yet. You have until March to order them.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes the 7937 has been announced for EoS. You can add support to CUCM for the 8831 with the latest Device Pack. Per the data sheet, it's supported in 7.1(5)+

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Thks.! Jonathan.,

Plataform is CCME on a ISRG2 (2911) device and not CUCM in the mean time, after that will SRST and CUCM 9.1.

We will try to check w/ a Cisco IOS: 15.4.1T ED and CME 10.0(1) but we have not seen any document from Cisco that helps us to clear clarify the situation we are.

Eduard.

Ah ok, I wasn't sure whether you were asking CME or CUCM so I guessed the later.

It appears CME is a no-go at the moment as it's not in the compatibility matrix nor the data sheet. You have three options:

1. Ask your Cisco AM/SE when an IOS build that supports it is expected.
  2. Order 7937s
  3. Wait to deploy the 8831 until after you move to CUCM.

Thanks again.

7937s they are also EOS.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps379/end_of_life_notice_c51-729487.pdf

I have already asked for the support, I still waiting for a answer... It may that also impact to SRST.

rgs. Eduard.

They're not EoS quite yet. You have until March to order them.

AS per CISCO they have informed that is supported (not especified) as Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express (CME) Versions 15.3(2)T,, 15.3(3)T,, and later 15.3.(2) = CME 9.5  15.3(3) = CME 10.0 Rgs. Eduard.

No, they're not supported in any current version

CSCui95307

In 8831 Data sheet support of 8831 phones info in CME-10.0 is incorrect

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Rob Slean
Level 1
Level 1

After some testing I was able to get multiple 8831's to successfully register with CUCME 10.0.

The actual configuration process was quite easy after figuring out what the phone needed and it was just a matter of configuring the voice register settings as per normal SIP phones/extensions. To have the configuration files automatically created simply apply the "type" setting (I tested with other models in the 8xxx range) to the voice register pool configuration setting for the phone.

During testing the only functionality issue I could find was that I couldn't get the timezone to set correctly, other than that the phone appears to function as per normal.

End-user testing will tell if everything is successful but until the phone is officially supported this work around should suffice.

Rob

Hello Rob,

Could you please send the config to make 8831 registered with callmanager express.

Thanks.

I don't sure did you find out the configuration to achieve it, please see below

voice register pool-type  8831
 num-lines 3
 reference-pooltype 7975
!

voice register pool  1
 id mac xxxx.xxxx.xxxx
 type 8831       

!

BR.

Winai.

Hi Rob,

I found the same issue about Timezone on 8831 is not set correctly after registered. I tried to change xml file in the command line but it still show the same. Have you solved this issue?

BR.

Winai.

Hi Rob,

Were you ever able to get the timezone correcttly configured on the 8831 with CME?

Regards

Oli

gulam_samdani
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Rob,

Could you please send the config to make 8831 registered with callmanager express.

Thanks.