cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manger 6 remote call forwarding or similar?

jonathanwalton
Level 1
Level 1

I have an H.323 gateway with 6 analog lines that are in a hunt group (rollover group) controlled by the phone company. When users make calls, call manager seems to pick up one of the six lines at random to make the outbound external calls. Since the lines are analog, the caller ID information is different for each line, so when they call customers the caller ID number reflects one of the 6 lines in the roll over group, and it's not the same one every time. They also use remote call forwarding (provided by the phone company) to remotely forward the main number (pilot number for the roll over group) to a cell phone or whoever they want to answer their phones. My problem is when they forward the main line, it does not forward the other 5 lines, so if a customer calls back to the number caller ID gives them (assuming it's not the pilot number), it does not forward to wherever the pilot is forwarded to, and so they miss a call. The phone company said besides remotely forwarding all 6 lines to the cell phone, they can't do anything about it.

All 6 lines forward internally in the gateway to the same extension, but as far as I know call manager does not have a remote call-forward feature. So yes- they could forward the calls from their IP phone before they leave, but to un-forward their phone they have to physically be at the phone (or vpn into work to change the forward from the phone-user page).

I'm wondering if someone knows about a feature that might help in this situation - As far as I can tell Call Manager 6 does not have remote call forwarding, but maybe I'm missing it, or maybe there is another feature that might help.

Thanks for your time.

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jonathan,

I truly think your best bet here would be to ask the Telco to re-label all 6 lines to display the Outgoing CLID of the Pilot number. This should be quite possible for them to do. This way all Outgoing calls will display the Pilot # and you can continue to use the existing remote Call Forward arrangement.

Hope this helps!

Rob

I thought about that, but since they are plain old analog lines, the phone company said they cannot do it. I could order a PRI (or partial PRI) and with that I would be able to control the outbound caller ID information, but then I lose the remote call forwarding feature - and that is something I cannot do without.