cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

call routing question

gb-fairchild
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to set up a route pattern or translation pattern to distinguish between 2 dialing strings by the number of digits?  Let's say I have internal DN's that are 6 digits long.  So for example can I distinguish between an internal DN of 351234 and  an external call to 351-2345 (without the user dialing 9 first).  In Meeting Place when you join a meeting you can have it call your phone - the problem is that guest users from outside the company don't realize they need to put 9 in front of their external 7 or 10 digit number.  I want to insert the 9 but not if the user is internal and entered their 6 digit DN.  CUCM 7.1.3 and Meeting Place 8.x with a SIP trunk connecting them.

Thanks,

Bill

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only way is to configure them in different partitions and make sure that you can only reach the one you need.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only way is to configure them in different partitions and make sure that you can only reach the one you need.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

@javalenc

I suppose the question is

Internal DNs 6 digits

External Local PSTN calls 7 Digits.

We need to prefix 9 to 7 digit number from the Meet-Me conference.

I think a TP XXX-XXXX adding 9 will do . Give the Meet Me caller the CSS to hit the TP Partition.

HTH

PS: Rate ONLY useful posts

I created 2 partitions, one with the internal numbers, one with the route patterns for external calls.  I gave the external route partition the highest priority in the CSS. Works on my test using a phone.  To test with Meeting Place I have to wait for the weekend.

This works with Meeting Place - once I realized that the call from Meeting Place i

s inbound as far as the SIP trunk is concerned.

Thanks for your Help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: