Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller Id in single number reach

tpahuja
Level 1
Level 1

Folks,

When a person forwards a phone call to his cell phone using single number reach, is it possible to display the actual number of the person who is calling. The actual caller id should display on the cell phone. Any settings can be do that. Assistance would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tarun

6 Replies 6

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

Who is controlling the outbound caller ID, you or your telco?

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

As Andrew pointed out telco may be overwritting it with BTN number, what are seeing and what are you expecting to see?

Are you using PRI or SIP trunk?

Chris

dhumes0524
Level 1
Level 1

I see this post never was completed, however I actually have the same question that Tarun originally posted.  I wish for the Caller ID to show the actual caller, not the number of my office.

This is using a PRI, and confirmed telco is allowing us to pass through whatever caller ID we wish.

Is it possible for the caller ID on SNR to show the actual number calling me?

Please post relevant "debug isdn q931" debug and identify the number you are seeing and number you are expecting.

Chris

Yes, this can be set so that when a call to your desk phone rings out to your Remote Destination, the original Calling Party ANI is what is presented to the Remote Destination, versus the Company's main line for example.  So, if you are sending the main line ANI for all normal calls, but want to send the Orginal calling ANI in the event of SNR, then you can create a seperate Translation Rule, or Route Pattern or both and even a distinct Route List, to direct SNR calls and change the ANI for those calls only.  The Routing for all other calls would use whatever you had originally set up for them.  In the event the provider is controlling this, you may still be able to get around this by checking  the "Redirecting Diversion Header Delievery" check box for outbound calls on your gateway or trunk.  As noted in the 8.x SRND:

Prior to deploying Unified Mobility, it is important to work with the PSTN provider to ensure the following:

–Caller ID is provided by the service provider for all inbound calls to the enterprise. This is a requirement if Enterprise Feature Access Two-Stage Dialing or mid-call transfer, conference, and directed call park features are needed.

–Outbound caller ID is not restricted by the service provider. This is a requirement if there is an expectation that mobility-enabled users will receive the caller ID of the original caller at their remote destination rather than a general enterprise system number or other non-meaningful caller ID.

Note: Some providers restrict outbound caller ID on a trunk to only those DIDs handled by that trunk. For this reason, a second PRI trunk that does not restrict caller ID might have to be acquired from the provider. To obtain an unrestricted PRI trunk, some providers might require a signed agreement from the customer indicating they will not send or make calls to emergency numbers over this trunk.

Note: Some providers allow unrestricted outbound caller ID on a trunk as long as the Redirected Dialed Number Identification Service (RDNIS) field or SIP Diversion Header contains a DID handled by the trunk. The RDNIS or SIP Diversion Header for forked calls to remote destinations can be populated with the enterprise number of the user by checking the Redirecting Number IE Delivery - Outbound check box on the gateway or trunk configuration page. Contact your service provider to determine if they honor the RDNIS or SIP Diversion Header and allow unrestricted outbound caller ID"

Basically, as a result of this, even though the Caller-ID may be statically set by the provider, in the event of redirection, such as in the case of SNR, it may over-ride and allow this, I have run into situations in the field where this is the case. 
The easiest method of course, is to request through your provider the ability to control this and to manipulate it with regular CUCM call routing elements.

Thank you. Enabling the " Redirecting the Diversion Header Delivery-Outboud" fixed my issue for the caller display