call-forward all 18900

dial-peer voice 18900 voip
destination-pattern 18900
session protocol sipv2
session target ipv4:<CUE IP Address>
dtmf-relay sip-notify
codec g711ulaw
no vad

For example, ephone 3100 call ephone 3200,  then 3200 answer the call and tranfer the call to 43200,  3100 could leave a message to 3200 mailbox. But when 3200 listen to the message, CUE play "Extension 3200(instead of 3100) leave a message".  The Caller ID is wrong, it is supposed to be 3100.

Is there anything I missed? How to fix this issue?

7 Replies 7

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This is the default behaviour of unity express. It uses the last redirecting number. You can change this by configuring the ff command on untiy express..

voicemail mailbox-selection original-called

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

But when the Unity Express integrate with CCM, this issue is gone.  How comes?

The issue is not related to the mailbox selection, this is about the Caller Number

I don't know the answer. If you know the workaround .please tell me

The reason is because CUCM uses first redirecting number while CCME uses last redirecting number. Please look at my post below for solution

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Very interesting thread here +5 to Deji for his excellent support!

I just spent quite awhile looking for a solution to this problem as it

seems to be quite common and I'm not 100% sure there is a viable

workaround. Have a look at this similar thread where one of my faves

Steve labbed this up to test;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3145308#3145308

The only related info that I could find might be this bug that still seems to have a

"version - pending" assignment for the fixed-in version (check symptom #3);

CSCse31911 - default transfer-mode in cue 2.3.1 to bye-also for interop with CME 3.3

Description

Symptom:
1) calls from cue to ip phone don't forward to voicemail, calls dies when ringing timeout expires
2) calls transfered from cue to IP phone get no way audio
3) calls from cue to ip phone don't display the caller-id of original calling party

Conditions: this is seen with CME 3.3 and prior and cue 2.3.1

Workaround: configure cue to use blind transfer
conf t
ccn subsystem sip
transfer-mode blind bye-also

Details

First Found in:                          (1)

2.3(1)

Fixed

Last Modified:

Oct 01,2011

Fixed in:

Release Pending

Product:

Cisco Unity Express

Platform:

Dependent

Severity:

6 - enhancement

I'm honestly not sure if the workaround will solve this issue but it's the only option

I could find after much searching

Cheers!

Rob

"Every fool's got a reason to feelin' sorry for himself" - Springsteen

Rob,

Thanks for the nice rating as always. I actually got things mixed. What I was trying to say was that CCME uses last redirecting number as opposed to CUCM wich uses first redirecting number..

Excerpt from cisco doc

There is a case in which a call is forwarded more than once before it reaches voice mail. For example,

if extension 5010 forwards its calls to 5012 on busy or ring-no-answer and then 5012 forwards all calls

to voice mail, the Diversion header contains 5012 instead of 5010. This can create confusion, because

the caller thinks he called 5010 and wants to leave a message for 5010, but instead he gets the voice mail

greeting for the person at extension 5012. Cisco CME uses the last redirecting number rather than the

original called number for mailbox selection.

mailbox-selection (dial-peer)

To set a policy for selecting a mailbox for calls from a Cisco Unified CME system that are diverted before being sent to a Cisco Unity Express or PBX voice-mail pilot number, use the mailbox-selection command in dial-peer configuration mode. To return to the default, use the no form of this command.

mailbox-selection {last-redirect-num | orig-called-num}

no mailbox-selection

e.g

dial-peer voice 7000 voip -----dial-peer to CUE

destination-pattern 7000

session target ipv4:10.3.34.211

codec g711ulaw

no vad

mailbox-selection orig-called-num -----------set the mailbox selection to original called number

or Set it on the ephone-dn

mailbox-selection (ephone-dn)

To set a policy for selecting a mailbox for calls that are diverted before being sent to a Cisco Unity voice-mail pilot number, use the mailbox-selection command in ephone-dn configuration mode. To return to the default, use the no form of this command.

mailbox-selection {last-redirect-num}

no mailbox-selection

ephone-dn 2583

number 8000

mailbox-selection last-redirect-num