Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID - Showing a Name

jennam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've got a cisco unified call manager 6.x, and whilst for internal calls I'm getting a display of a display name on our phones (7941G/7961G), for external calls (where caller-id is presented), no display name is there - even for numbers which are in the corporate address book.

We're using phone mobility, and linking phone authentication through LDAP/AD, and corporate address book through our LDAP/AD.

Is my expectation that it's going to look up caller-id via the corporate address book right?  Where else would it look it up?  Is there a way to add in display names for external caller-id other than this?

I've looked through Cisco's website, Google and other resources without much help so far.  Any assistance would be appreciated!

Jenna

4 Replies 4

afmmanicke
Level 1
Level 1

External Caller ID is probably coming from the provider.   First you may have to request that your providor sends you that information.   For Qwest I had to submit a special request for "Caller ID Name Delivery." 

If you're past that step the next thing to do is telnet to the gateway and do a "debug isdn q931" and "ter mon"   When a call comes in you should see something like the following.

.Apr 15 21:30:37.797: ISDN Se0/2/0:23 Q931: RX <- FACILITY pd = 8  callref = 0x011D
        Facility i = 0x9F8B0100A117020101020100800F524F4245525453204155544F20424F
                Protocol Profile =  Networking Extensions
                0xA117020101020100800F524F4245525453204155544F20424F
                Component = Invoke component
                        Invoke Id = 1
                        Operation = CallingName
                                Name Presentation Allowed Extended
                                Name = ROBERTS AUTO BO

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is what my "number to name"script does.

http://www.ciscoscripts.com

You can contact me about at the address present in my profile.

To the first poster - we already have called-id being presented - there's just no mapping / display of caller names on the phones where the calls come in.

So if I understand right by the second poster, this is done at the router-level, not at the CUCM level?  Can it be done at the CUCM layer at all??

Are there other alternatives to paying for a script from you to do the job?

Jenna,

CUCM does not currently do Number to Name resolution for external (i.e., ingress PSTN) calls.  So, you're likely looking at a script or some sort of application (which is really just a series of expensive scripts with a fancier interface) to accomplish this.  I don't have any alternatives to give you but can certainly answer your question about the CUCM's capabilities.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!