Views
Helpful
Replies

Calling ID modifiaction on CUBE

stevenmccormack
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am having trouble to set up number normalisation on a CUBE. I have a provider, which delivers the caller ID on an inbound call in a typical German format (e.g. 069123456 wold be a number in Frankfurt). I want to modify the number to a full E.164 number before sending the call to CUCM so it would look like this: +4969123456. To do so, I have applied a translation profile on the inbound dial-peer:

voice translation-rule 2

rule 1 /^00/ /+/

rule 2 /^0\([1-9]\)/ /+49\1/

voice translation-profile fromSIPProvider

translate calling 2

translate called 1

This profile seems to work, but CUBE only changes the SIP: part in the from header as I found out by a debug ccsip messages:

Received message from provider:

Call-ID: 08e0b06e124f632658f1930e325efaeb@XXX:5060

CSeq: 102 INVITE

Sent to CUCM:

Remote-Party-ID: "069123456" <sip:+4969123456@ZZZ>;party=calling;screen=no;privacy=off

The voice translation profile does not modify the first part in the Remote-Party-ID: of From: header. Does anybody know if there is a way to strip this part or apply the same translation here as well?

Thanks

Steven

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can use SIP profiles for that.

View solution in original post

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Steven,

You cant use sip profiles in the inbound direction. Sip can onle be applied to outbound direction from CUBE to ITSP, not the other way around. So the only option you have is to use SIP normalization script on cucm if your version supports it. You need CUCM 8.5 and above to use it...

Out of curiosity whaty problems is this creating for you?

This value is just a display name and it is an optional parameter...Is this what is presented on your CLI?

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can use SIP profiles for that.

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Steven,

You cant use sip profiles in the inbound direction. Sip can onle be applied to outbound direction from CUBE to ITSP, not the other way around. So the only option you have is to use SIP normalization script on cucm if your version supports it. You need CUCM 8.5 and above to use it...

Out of curiosity whaty problems is this creating for you?

This value is just a display name and it is an optional parameter...Is this what is presented on your CLI?

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

stevenmccormack
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

thanks for the info. You are both correct. I added the following to my config to solve the issue:

voice class sip-profiles 100

request INVITE sip-header Remote-Party-ID remove

request INVITE sip-header From modify "From: (.*<)(.*>)" "From: <\2"

Then I applied this to the outbound dial-peer pointing to CUCM

Thanks

Steven

Steven,

Thanks for the update and nice rating. I have infact gotten some clarification to the direction of application of the sip profiles

According to Cisco DOC

The SIP profiles feature affects only outgoing SIP messages. The rules are applied as the last step before the message leaves the CUBE router; that is, after destination dial-peer matching has taken place. Changes to the SIP messages are not remembered or acted on by the CUBE application. 

This means that it can apply to outbound messages to CUCM or to ITSP. I always thought it was to the ITSP

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: