cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calling Name Display name Internal Vs External

miket
Level 5
Level 5

I need some clarification on Calling Name.  when you set the Display Field on the line whatever you set here seems to show up on the phone you called internally as well as externally if external is allowed on the caller.

Is there anyway to setup a different Name for internal calls as well as external calls. I have several phones where the internal should show "service desk"  and external the persons real name.

I have SIP and PRi's but I have tested on several accounts all running 11.5. They all behave the same way no matter what I set on the Display or ascii display.  I guess I never really payed attention to this in the past.  Any help would be appreciated

3 Replies 3

vinayak3
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi Miket,

I think you can use Alerting Name option in the line configuration to display the "service desk" for internal calls . For external calls  you need to reach out to the phone service provider.

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
There is no way to do this as alerting Name is common for external and Internal.

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris

VoIP Engineer
Level 1
Level 1

Internal calls will show what is populated on the line for "Display (Caller ID)".  External calls will show the name associated with that DID.  The Caller ID Name for that DID is set at the Telco level, however you can change the "External Number Mask" on the phone's line which will change the DID you send to the Telco.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: