cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calling Party Transformation help

daviddperez09
Level 1
Level 1

We currently have configured the setting "Incoming Calling Party National Number Prefix - Phone " to add the "9" to the calls that enter the organization so that our users can simply call the number back without having to edit the number to add a "9". With doing this though, calls are being displayed as 91XXXXXXXXXX on the phones.

I would like to remove the 9 from being displayed when the call is ringing the phone.

From what i've found online, i am should use a Calling Party Transformation Pattern

I have tried this but it does not seem to be working out for me. I created a new CSS and Partition for the Transformation Pattern, and have selected the new CSS for the option of " Remote number - Calling Party Transformation CSS " under the phone settings.

I tried the translation pattern of "9.1" and also "9.1[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX" with discard digits of PreDot.

System version: 9.1.1.10000-11

Am i missing something here ? Thank you in advance

17 Replies 17

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You should use calling party transformation pattern..Not xlation pattern. Once you have configured your calling party pattern, you should check your phones to see that they have either use device pool calling party xformation css (if you use this option then you need to configure the calling party css on the device pool) or you select the calling party xformation css to use on the phone...

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

I am sorry i wrote the wrong thing ( typo fixed now ), but yes i am using Transformation Pattern. We are not using the device pool .

I tested it with 1 phone using the option "Remote number - Calling Party Transformation CSS " under the phone settings

This is still an issue with CUCM 10.5 / 88xx SIP phones. Using a transformation on the gateway is a bad idea because it causes the prefixed number to be sent / read from voicemail when messages are left by outside callers, it causes calls re-routed to other trunks (such as SIP fax servers) to be prefixed, it causes CDR records to all include the prefix.

I am sure the fields mentioned were added to handle the intended case of call history / missed calls being redialed and the help says as much.

So given that we are going to be prefixing the calling party number using the service parameter for Phone, how do we have the caller ID display properly since Remote Number transformation does not seem to work?

daviddperez09
Level 1
Level 1

can anyone assist ?

But you said it is fixed now in your previous post! So whats the issue you are having now?

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

I was refering to a typo - i had said translation pattern instead of saying transformation pattern.

It seems like the transformation pattern is not being hit when the call comes into the device. The 9 still shows up

You need to remove the tarnslation pattern you are using to prefix the 9. The fact that the 9 is showing means that this is still in place..Remove that first and then test with your transformation pattern only

There is not translation pattern adding a 9 .

The 9 is being added from the option in service parameter > CallManager > Advance,  "Incoming Calling Party National Number Prefix - Phone ". Below in bold is basically what we are doing.

---

"Incoming Calling Party National Number Prefix - Phone:           This parameter defines the number, up to 8 digits, that is prefixed to an incoming national number in the signaling to the following terminating devices: on the phone and in the Missed Calls and Received Calls directories; to CTI, TAPI, and JTAPI applications; to voicemail ports. The service parameter, Incoming Calling Party Number Prefix - Apply To controls which devices receive the prefix specified in this parameter. Be sure to examine the value in the service parameter, Incoming Calling Party Number Prefix - Apply To, to be certain that the prefix is being sent to the appropriate terminating devices. Using this parameter provides a means to help you identify national numbers, if necessary. This parameter allows you to prefix specified digits to the calling number of an inbound call on the basis of the Type of Number field in an inbound offered call that gets terminated at an IP Phone. For example, a national call in USA from 4085551212 could get prefixed with 91.

Ok, you  need to remove the 9 and 91 from there..You dont want to do it from there...As long as thats there you will always see the 9 or 91 prefixed on the phone..What you want to do is use the xformation pattern only

Sure but if i do that, then the 91 will no longer be present for my users to return the calls with easy. I dont want them to have to edit the number to return a missed call.

David,

This is what you need to do..On your ingress GW with  go to

"Incoming Calling Party Settings" to prefix appropriate digits for local/National/Intl/Unkown calls i.e. 91 for National calls in US assuming 9 is used as off-net access code, then check "Use Device Pool Calling Party Transformation CSS" and define proper Transformation CSS in DP, configure corresponding calling transformation patterns such as 9.1[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX for National routing that strips pre-dot, this way when call hits the phone it arrives without the 9 as it was routed via the calling transformation pattern, but calling party transformations do not affect call logs, so in call log you see the 9 and dialing works natively.

David, Just to clarify further..

1. You use the incoming calling partty settings on the gateway to prefix the appropriate digits...ie 9 for local, 91 National, 900 international etc

2. You configure a calling party xformation pattern that macthes each of these numbers eg. 9.1[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX. , 9.00!On the pattern you configure it to strip predot..

3. You configure your calling party xformation CSS to have access to the partition of these patterns...You then check your phones to eithe use calling party CSS on the phone settings or use the device pool settings...

Now when the cal comes into your gateway, if it is a national call a 91 is prefixed as you have defined it. Now this 91.XXXXXXX pattern is passed through the calling party xformation pattern an the 91 is stripped before it is presented to the phones. However on the call logs i.e missed calls, the 91 will be there

This is exactly how i have set it up. I have decided to test it only for 1 phone by using the phone settings instead of the device pool because the device pool has all of our phones. However it doesnt seem to be working.

My next option was trying the translation pattern on the device pool, but again, i can not test durning our production hours.

Thank you so much for your reply

When you tested it, did you remove the config in service paraneters? I suggest you remove it..so yo know you are working with only the xformation pattern...I

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: