cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

callmanager 4.1.3 backup and recovery

solomonthuo
Level 1
Level 1

callmanager service and CTI service can't start after a power surge from UPS (faulty) and i need to restore the system. I have the following questions:

1.Can you recover the callmanager database from mssql database backup only?

2. If i upgrade the corrupt callmanager 4.1 to 4.2 will this perhaps rectify the corrupt files. i.e since the upgrade will over write the files.

regards.

1 Reply 1

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

1. You cannot restore your CM using SQL backup only. You would BARS backup to restore the system once CM has been re-installed on the box. Since the backup contains failes, database backup and registry backup as well, only using SQL would not work.

2. The only supported way to restore if u have a failed upgrade would to go CM 4.1 and then do a BARS restore. Since a lot of files are replaced and the backup process does not take a backup of all the files needed. Therefore, you might have to re-install CM 4.1 (Depending on which stage the upgrade failed) and then do a restore

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: