cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager setup, what module for PSTN analog phone lines.

edsge teenstra
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I'm trying to find the part numbers for a small CallManager setup in a CISCO2911-V/K9.

We get two adsl lines in for the internet access and 8 analog PSTN telephone lines with rj11 connector, which we want to use to connect to our callmanager. (if this is possible)

We do not want a E1 interface with ISDN/PRI since it is to expensive on our location. 

We want to connect 17 Ip phones , we prefer the CP-7941G and the CP-7961G with CP-7914 expansion module. 

Now i think i need the following hardware :

• CISCO2911-V/K9
  • NME-CUE
  • SCUE-ISM-8.6-K9
  • HWIC-1ADSL

Only i am not sure about this module : EM-HDA-6FXO, is it possible to let the router to process the analog phone signal to digital signal so the callmanager will route the inside network IP phone calls to the PSTN ?

What other module can receive our analog phone lines so the callmanager can use those for outgoing phone calls ?

Thanks for all help in advance.

Edsge

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Analog circuits require FXO ports on the router while analog ports facing a phone require FXS ports.

You can use either the EVM (the SM-NM-ADPTR will be required for the 2900 chassis) or VIC2-4FXO cards, both of which will require PVDM3 to do the DSP. You can calculate the required DSPs using the aptly named DSP Calculator.

As for CUE: both the NME and AIM hardware has been announced End of Life. You'll want to use an SRE instead, preferably the SM-SRE-910-K9 since it can also be converted to run ESXi and Unity Connection down the road.

PS- There are bundle SKUs to get you started such as the C2911-VSEC-PSRE/K9. Also, you should be looking at the 7800 or 8800 series phones instead as the 7900 is nearing the end of its service life.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Analog circuits require FXO ports on the router while analog ports facing a phone require FXS ports.

You can use either the EVM (the SM-NM-ADPTR will be required for the 2900 chassis) or VIC2-4FXO cards, both of which will require PVDM3 to do the DSP. You can calculate the required DSPs using the aptly named DSP Calculator.

As for CUE: both the NME and AIM hardware has been announced End of Life. You'll want to use an SRE instead, preferably the SM-SRE-910-K9 since it can also be converted to run ESXi and Unity Connection down the road.

PS- There are bundle SKUs to get you started such as the C2911-VSEC-PSRE/K9. Also, you should be looking at the 7800 or 8800 series phones instead as the 7900 is nearing the end of its service life.

Thanks for the help Jonathan !

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

The 7941 and 7961 don't exist anymore. They were replaced by the 7942 & 7962 several years ago.

As Jonathan said, though, the 79xx series is slowly being phased out, so do seriously consider the 78xx or 88xx range.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.