We are replacing a very old pbx with CUCM 7.0, but the old system has a feature on it where if a resident (elderly person) goes off-hook on thier analog phone after being off-hook for a certain amount of time (like 20 sec) it starts a ringdown to one of the Nurses ext's.
Is anybody aware of a feature like this in CallManager? Please any input would be appreciated.
That's not something you have with CUCM, in case nothing is entered it will simply give busy tone. We do not have a behavior to configure in case you do not do anything after the timer for 1st digit is reached.
if this helps, please rate
You can configure something similar but without the time-out.
Internal Dn`s 2xxx, Internal Partitions "PT-Internal"
If I remember
1. Create a new Partition called "hot line"
2.Create a new DN which is not part of the normal internal DN range - 3999
3. Assign 3999 to the Nurses handset and assign the new partition Hot Line to 3999
4. Create a Translation Pattern of XXXX- the DN length of 3999 in CCM
5. Assign a CSS to the TP which can access your internal extensions
6. Within the same TP Assign a called mask of 3999 of the Nurses station so xxxx is replaced with 3999
Depending whether you wish the user to access normal DN as well
7. Copy the existing CSS which you have previously assigned to users handsets and rename it as CSS-HOT-LINE and either remove the normal Partition "PT-Internal" - access to call internal numbers and add the new Partitions "Hot Line" - work swith hot lien only no internal calls or just add the "Hot Line " partition as well - internal and hot line calls
User picks up the handset dials normal number - works with CSS with PT-Internal and Hot Line
User picks up the handset , the TP kicks in and dial 3999 works with CSS with PT-Internal and Hot Line
or with only Hot lien partitions
User picks up the handset , the TP kicks in and dial 3999 - no other number can be dialled
I`m not sure if you have the TP as XXXX or just ! as time out. If you use the ! then you could have the 20 sec time-out if you increase the T302 timer to 200000 however be aware of the impact on any route patterns you have of 9.!
Thanks for your guidance, it worked!
All I basically had to do was add a new PT and a new TP. The new PT I added to my existing CSS's so they could continue to dial out like normal on thier current CoS.
I do it before
1. create a new css
2. create an empty translation pattern with called party transform mask to the nurse ext.
3. give the resident phone and the translation pattern this css
like this, when off hock. a call will be initiated to the nurse phone
i wish i didn't miss anything
I am familiar with programming a ringdown to another ext. But in this case I don't need the ringdown to kick in until after about 20 sec of off-hook time.
Until that 20 sec is met the user needs to still place calls like normal and recieve calls like normal.