cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Callmanger 8.6 verint recording conference fails

miket
Level 5
Level 5

I have a callmanager 8.6.2a and UCCE 8.5 using verint recording. If I have auto recording enabled on the phones. If I call in from PSTN to extension 'A' (auto recording enabled) extension 'A' trys to conference extension 'B' it works then when I try and join the call on extension "'B' gets a fast busy and drops.

If i try with any combination of phones with auto recording enabled trys to conference , the called extension gets fast busy and drops.

If not clear it is basically long as two phones have auto recording enabled when they try to conference it fail

Help

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Conference call failing would be due to lack of 'proper' conferencing resources in the MRGL of the gateway / trunk and the IP phones involved in the call. As a first step you can make sure that these MRGL's contain a software CFB + Transcoder combination or a hardware conference bridge. Alternatively you can check the region settings between the parties involved in the call and the gateway and make sure that they are talking g711. If these do not fix the issue then detailed ccm traces would be needed for a test call.

HTH

Manish

brmeade
Level 4
Level 4

The phones go into a codec locked state when being used for recording where they can only use that one codec.  Because of that, sometimes additional transcoders may be necessary.  What codec does the original call negotiate to?  If you do a normal non-recorded call, I bet you will see the codec changes once joining the conference which won't be possible when using recording.

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you using SPAN ports or Dual Media Streaming to capture the RTP traffic? 

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.