cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls forwarded unexpectedly

Paul Harris
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all, I'm afraid I'm quite new to Cisco VOIP so apologies if this is quite obvious.

A user in a remote site has reported that, when anyone tries to ring a particular phone, their call gets forwarded to an unknown extension labelled "meeting room 2".

They are not sure where this extension is located but, more importantly, I can't for the life of me figure out why the call is forwarding. I've checked in CUCM and can't find anything there and I asked the on-site contact to check whether the user has accidently enabled call forward and the answer is no.

Any ideas where I should be looking to disable this??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Start with checking your Route Plan Report for any numbering conflicts. To test you can try deleting the extension off of the user's phone temporarily and dialing the number again to see if it fails. Lots of other things you can try, as well as running the Dialed Number Analyzer to see that the system churns out...

Good luck.

Brian

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Start with checking your Route Plan Report for any numbering conflicts. To test you can try deleting the extension off of the user's phone temporarily and dialing the number again to see if it fails. Lots of other things you can try, as well as running the Dialed Number Analyzer to see that the system churns out...

Good luck.

Brian

Bingo! Checked the route plan report and immediately discovered the source of the problem. One of the staff at another site had created two users with the same extension (!?!) and left one outside of any route partition, causing the problem with the phone in Spain!

Thanks Brian!