cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls not getting disconnected when auto attendant is configured in UC560

Ameen Ameer Ali
Level 1
Level 1

I have this problem regarding call disconnection of analog lines when autoattendant is configured on UC560.If i remove auto attendant its geting disconnected perfectly.Any one know why this is  is happening..???.I have tried all possible setting on FXO ports.Please help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ameen ali wrote:

I also tried all disconnect dualtone. Cisco tac also working on it.Still no solution.Dnt knw wat to do.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

As mentioned above already.

The solution is not "try all disconnect tones".

The solution is recording the actual disconnect tones, and from these find the configuration values.

How to do that, is mentioned in many threads on the same subject.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

eric.ahernandez
Level 1
Level 1

I have the exact same problem, I have tried all kinds of configurations for call disconnecting in the voice-ports but I still can't fix it, even though I don't think the voice-port configuration has anything to do with the problem because this only happens when the calls go through the auto attendant.

When I configure the incoming dial plan to go directly to auto attendant, the caller goes trough AA and then dials an extension or waits for the operator, hangs up, call don't disconnect. Even when the caller only gets to the AA and hangs up, the call still goes to the operator even though it should be disconnected (the FXO port stays off-hook until the operator answers the call which is an inactive call, all they hear is a beeping sound).

When I configure the incoming dial plan to go directly to one extension, the calls disconect just fine, caller hangs up and the extension stops ringing after 1 or 2 more rings, and the FXO port goes onhook again, no biggie.

It's a weird situation I thought I was the only one with this problem, I already have a TAC case opened but we've been going at it for like 3 weeks or a month, and still can't figure it out. Yesterday i did a factory reset in the UC500 and configured everything from scratch but the problem persists, we're running out of ideas

When the disconnection tones are not conbfigured correctly, you have that problem.

Think: the auto-attendandt only hangs up after many retries, while a person hangs-up imemdiately.

The TAC should know that very well.

I'm not sure I understand, the call goes in by the same FXO voice-ports, what is the difference in the behaviour when the call gets answered by the AA in comparison to when it goes directly to an extension?

Also, I've made several tests tweaking around with the disconnect tone configurations and got the same results,I'm in Mexico so I use the cptone MX and configure the disconnect dual-tone midcall, using timeouts disconnect and timeouts wait-release. I also tried using a disconnect custom cptone using the frequencies and cadence from Mexico providers. We use 4 lines from 1 provider (Axtel) and 4 lines from another provider (Telmex) and i get the same results from both.

Again: because extension hangs-up first, but AA does not.

You can have treid many custome cptones, but if they don't work, that means they are not correct.

You can search the forum for indication how to find the correct ones.

did you solve it? please reply. facing the same issue. been breaking my head since 2 weeks. help really appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Hi Razeen,

A little late but I'll still reply for the sake of this scenario to be documented. As Paolo stated this is a problem with the disconnect tones. I had a TAC case opened and ultimately they figured it out (it took a while though, I had to scale it...). So what I advice you to do (and anyone facing this issue) is to do a PCM Capture when you do the call, open a TAC case and send them that PCM Capture, they will figure out the correct values for the custom cptone such as the frequency and cadence needed for the disconnect tone.

You can do the PCM capture via CLI, or via CCA on Troubleshoot > Telephony Diagnostics, here's a link that can help for this procedure.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11082311/uc500-mexico

Hope you had it resolved and sorry for the delayed answer.

Ameen Ameer Ali
Level 1
Level 1

I also tried all disconnect dualtone. Cisco tac also working on it.Still no solution.Dnt knw wat to do.

ameen ali wrote:

As mentioned above already.

The solution is not "try all disconnect tones".

The solution is recording the actual disconnect tones, and from these find the configuration values.

How to do that, is mentioned in many threads on the same subject.

Razeen Abdulla
Level 1
Level 1

did you solve it. please reply. facing the same issue. been breaking my head since 2 weeks. help really appreciated.

thanks in advance.