cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls to invalid extension over an ICT reroute via the backup pstn.

Click Click
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

we have several CUCM clusters all linked via ICT's and all bar 1 will return a call cannot be completed as dialled if a user dials the correct site id (XXX) but an invalid or unused 4 digital extension number.

the 1 that does not work will re route the call via the backup pstn route list. of cause the call just rings but why is it doing this? any ideas. i have tried a few google searches but cannot identify the cause of the problem

CUCM v 9.1.2 > ICT > CUCM 7.1.2

Thank you

c.

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How is the Route List/Route group configured for the route to the other cluster? Sounds like it has backup trunk/GW that routes the call via PSTN.

hello

all my route patterns over ict's have a backup route to prefix the national/int dial code and to route out of the pstn in case of a wan outage.

the promblem im have on just this one link is that if i dial a valid dn the call goes over the ict and it connects. however if i dial an unused dn the call goes over the ict but instead of getting a call cannot be completed as dialled, the call just re-routes via the pstn and just rings.

any ideas why this would happen?

thanks