Views
Helpful
Replies

Can a Cisco phone make calls via router to a residential phones

John Cheetley
Level 3
Level 3

Example

10 cisco phones behind a CME router in a business to a residential phone in the outside world?

Do all connections need to be router based?

And how does an ISP communicate to a Cisco router using DID?

And does the ISP have to give certain information to the client in order for the clients Cisco phone calls to be connected?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can configure a dial-peers as below for outgoing calls:

dial-peer voice 1 pots
 destination-pattern 9T       (this will route all calls to FXO and here 9 as a access code)
 port 0/1/2                           (this is port where FXO has connected at router)

You can refer below link and CME admin guide as well for further understanding.

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/thread/52311

Suresh

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

To connect calls to outside world basically you need to have some type of trunk (E1/T1/FXO/SIP Trunking) between ISP & CME router and when you will have this then you will get a DID from service provider and you can use these to connect with outside world's phones.

And for this you need to create dial-peers in CME to route external calls to trunk/ISP.

Hope this helps.

Suresh

Thanks Suresh for this.

Is there a procedure Cisco has for this please as I have contacted my ISP and all they gave me was a DID number. 

What connectivity you have got/bought from ISP ?, i means is it e1 or T1 or FXO or SIP Trunking ?

Suresh

FXO

You can configure a dial-peers as below for outgoing calls:

dial-peer voice 1 pots
 destination-pattern 9T       (this will route all calls to FXO and here 9 as a access code)
 port 0/1/2                           (this is port where FXO has connected at router)

You can refer below link and CME admin guide as well for further understanding.

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/thread/52311

Suresh

Thanks Suresh. I have done this already