Views
Helpful
Replies

Can a end user " userid" field be updated via BAT tool for existing users

Deepak Mehta
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Team,

We would like to change userid for our organization.

Earlier we had end user cpnfigured with their windows login id however now we want to go for employee id.

So each end user will be using employee id.Can  you advise me if we can update the userid field from BAT tool?

I did try this in LAB but it seems userid is the key field with which it is searching the record to be updated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Deepak,

If your CUCM is LDAP integrated then this may not work

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-version-70/111900-cucm-faq-00.html#qa6

Q. Can I use BAT to update users when integrated with LDAP?

A. No, BAT cannot be used to update users when integrated with LDAP. You must disable LDAP integration, make the changes through BAT, and then re-enable LDAP.

Manish

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Deepak,

If your CUCM is LDAP integrated then this may not work

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-version-70/111900-cucm-faq-00.html#qa6

Q. Can I use BAT to update users when integrated with LDAP?

A. No, BAT cannot be used to update users when integrated with LDAP. You must disable LDAP integration, make the changes through BAT, and then re-enable LDAP.

Manish

Thank you

Hi,

User id can't be updated. Are they LDAP synced users or local users? For LDAP sync users, nothing can be done from CUCM side. You need do the changes on LDAP side. For local users, you can export them, change the user id in the xls, then import the new file. Later delete the old user ids

Thank you.

Also because new users imported will be asscociated with same phone MAC address,so do you think it will create any issues?

Do we need to delete the old profile as soon as we create new ones.

Hello Mohammed,

I have tried exporting and them importing the file to update end users but it is throwing an error .

I am trying for 5 users in LAB and i am getting informix error.Screenshot is attached?

I am just updating the file that too user id field.Also there is no integration with LDAP.

Job Results

Unique constraint (informix.mx_232_1665_1664) violated.

Unique constraint (informix.ix_enduserlicense_fkenduser) violated.

Hi Deepak,

what is the CUCM version of LAB Server and can u share the license snapshot?

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

System version is -System version: 9.1.2.11900-12

Hi Deepak,

I can see two snapshots. One snapshot has Product Instance for two call managers but at bottom , it points to pre 9.0 while the other snapshot shows IN COMPLIANCE  which is somewhat confusing.

Is it possible for you to attach enduser#03072016133325.txt  log file ?

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

I have attached the logfile here.