Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't Access Applications Menu of Phone

Matthew Martin
Level 5
Level 5

Hello All,

In one of our warehouse locations we have a bunch of 7911s mounted on the walls for employee' use. I was trying to upgrade the firmware on these phones but it was failing. The phone's Status Messages are showing  "Trust List Update Failed". In my experience, when this occurs, deleting the ITL File on the phone will usually fix this problem.

So I attempted to do this remotely using curl commands but was getting a "<CiscoIPPhoneError Number="4" />" message in response. I used the same commands on known working 7911s and it worked just fine using one of the Application Users for authentication. But, not on these phones.

So I asked someone physically in that location to perform the ITL File erase. But, they're telling me when the click the Application Menu button, they are prompted for a User-ID and PIN. However, these phones are configured as "Public/Shared Space", so no Users are specifically assigned to these 7911s in the Device's Config page.

I also attempted to create a test user and assign them to one of these phones. Then I used that's user's ID and PIN in the curl commands. But, I'm still getting the Error=4 in response.

Any idea why someone would be getting prompted for a User-ID and Password while trying to access the Application Menu on these phones?

Thanks in Advance,
Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sadav Ansari
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Kindly use username cisco password Cisco if still same issue then check with below step.

1) If you are able to register the phone to CUCM then just go to devices>Phones and look for settings access and set it to Enabled.

You will not be prompted for the password

2) if you want to change the password then you can change it via common phone profile> Local Phone Unlock Password.

NOTE:- If you change in common phone profile it will impact all phone. You can create a profile dedicated for this phone.

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks 

Sadav Ansari

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Sadav Ansari
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Kindly use username cisco password Cisco if still same issue then check with below step.

1) If you are able to register the phone to CUCM then just go to devices>Phones and look for settings access and set it to Enabled.

You will not be prompted for the password

2) if you want to change the password then you can change it via common phone profile> Local Phone Unlock Password.

NOTE:- If you change in common phone profile it will impact all phone. You can create a profile dedicated for this phone.

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks 

Sadav Ansari