cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't establish link between subscriber and publisher

soraksan1
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 brand new BE7Ks installed using version 6 vm and 11.5 cucm.  I performed the installation of the first node (publisher) and all went well.  I started the installation of the second node and and am unable to pass the communications test.  The publisher is synced with an external NTP source.  I am not using DNS so under System>Server on the publisher, both the pub and sub server has their IP address in the hostname/IP section.  When I put the pubs ip address in the hostname section, it will not accept it.  What do I use for host names if there is no dns and I have put ip addresses in the host name section?  Will appreciate any help on this.  Been at this for a couple days.

25 Replies 25

I restarted the appliance and same results

Can you please post the complete output of the show status?

Can you please do now a show network cluster and post the output.

Please also verify that the security password you specified is correct and tha the output ofthe error is exactly the same.

Please let me know 

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Carlo,

That was the complete output of the show status.  Getting the other info now.

network cluster attached.  Am using the right security password, but I just tried a different password and got the exact same error.

Is the subscriber able to reach the First Node on all needed TCP ports or there is some kind of firewall/acl between them?

Please restart the installation of the subscriber using usyong4208cm01 as first node's hostname.

Please post me the output of the error once it shows.

Thanks

Regards

Carlo

These are on the inside of my network, so no firewalls.  I'm not sure how to restart the installation at this point.

So I'm not sure what just happened, but when I tried the other password, it gave me the same symptoms as before.  But when I went back to it, it had moved to the next screen asking if I wanted to setup SMTP.  Never got there before.  I said no and turned to run the sh net cluster on the pub.  It showed both servers authenticated.  See attached screen shot.  But as soon as I did that, the install wizard on the sub errored out.  See screen shot.  Then the pub showed the sub not authenticated .  See screen shot.  Now the sub is telling me I need to restart the installation.  I have no software, this was all preloaded from cisco and the wizard fired up when I turned on the server.  15 hours on shift.  I will get back on this in the morning.  Wondering if I need to open a TAC case at this time?  Recommendations?

I really appreciate all your time and help.

Hi,

On BE7K as well as on BE6K you have both preloaded VM and bootable IOSs available on the datastore.

- Just remove the sub VM from disk.

- Download the OVF template from the BE7K's datastore on your PC.

- Deploy the downloaded OVF template

- Mount the bootable iso from the Datastore on the newly created VM

- Start the installation by using the correct PUB's hostname and security password.

As soon as you are able to do those tasks, please let me know about the results.

Thanks

HTH

Regards

Carlo

ping and status

Hi,

sorry again 

I didn't sleep enough last night :)

The hostname you should use is USYONG4208CM01

That should work 

HTH

Regards

Carlo

amaksimenko1
Level 1
Level 1

Not long time ago had same issue. Cause of this behavior was incorrect first node name. CUCM has a case sensitivity requirement. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: