cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't ping cisco unity from call manger

teamdv6199
Level 1
Level 1

I have cisco call manger 14.0.1.11900-32 and cisco unity node. I cant seem to reach the call manger from the unity and vice versa.

network error intra-cluster communication is broken, unable to connect to xx.x.x.6. This .6 is the voicemail node

I checked under System>server to see if the voice node is added and it is. I feel like I need some type of route but not sure 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You can not add Unity Connection node under CUCM System > Servers. Unity Connection cannot be part of CUCM Cluster. It has its own database and cluster. If you have added Unity Connection IP in CUCM System > Servers, then delete it and restart the CUCM node. 

As far as the connectivity from CUCM to Unity Connection and vice versa, make sure that the proper routing is configured between these nodes. If they are in same VLAN and IP Subnet then check the ACLs or firewall rules that may block Ping traffic. 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You can not add Unity Connection node under CUCM System > Servers. Unity Connection cannot be part of CUCM Cluster. It has its own database and cluster. If you have added Unity Connection IP in CUCM System > Servers, then delete it and restart the CUCM node. 

As far as the connectivity from CUCM to Unity Connection and vice versa, make sure that the proper routing is configured between these nodes. If they are in same VLAN and IP Subnet then check the ACLs or firewall rules that may block Ping traffic. 

Thanks, Vaijanath S.

So when i removed the voice mail node from the call manger page I am able to ping both nodes from one another. I still am getting the same network error intra-cluster communication is broken, unable to connect to xx.x.x.6 since july 9. How would I fix that?

Have you restarted the whole CM cluster since you removed the wrongly added server node from the webUI?

Response Signature

Yes I have, 

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @teamdv6199.,

How many CUCM nodes you have in cluster? Can you please post the screenshot or attach log file of the error message?

Thanks, Vaijanath S.