cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can the CUBE & Gatekeeper exist on the same cisco ios router ?

chukkaedovia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Ill like to know if I can use the same router to host the cisco CUBE and Gatekeeper functionalities.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nitsinha
Level 4
Level 4

AFAIK we can use both on the same router. After all, CUBE will just be an IP-IP gateway that registers to the GK on the same box.

HTH

Regards

Nitesh

PS:Pl rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

nitsinha
Level 4
Level 4

AFAIK we can use both on the same router. After all, CUBE will just be an IP-IP gateway that registers to the GK on the same box.

HTH

Regards

Nitesh

PS:Pl rate helpful posts

Thanks for this . I also have another scenerio where CCM is connected  to MGCP gateways and CUBE. My aim is to failover from my MGCP gateway (  connects my PSTN ) to my SIP trunk ( SIP PROVIDER) and vice versa.

Will configuring multiple route groups on the CCM( i.e  Route-Pattern ---- Route-List------ 2XRoute Groups) cater for this  failover scenerio ? The 2 route groups will be the CUBE and the MGCP  gateways respectively.

I am concerned how the call manager will know when the  sip trunk has failed on the CUBE ( SIP trunk to provider ) so that it  can change to the MGCP gateways ( PSTN ).

Thank you.

Hi,

In cube in the dial-peer which is pointing to sip provider, you can configure the keep-alive mechanism using the below command.

voice-class sip options-keepalive.

You may also need you SIP Provider's help on this.

Configure the error-response code as 503 Service Unavailable, which should be huntable to next route.

You can refer the below link for more understanding on this

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/cube/configuration/guide/vb-gw-sipsip.html#wp1381926

Regards,

Senthil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: