cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading 69xx firmware - CUCM 7.1.3

Brendan Marmont
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having issues loading a firmware version to a cisco 6000 series ip phone.

Steps I have taken:

I've downloaded the latest version of firmware from cisco (cmterm-69xx-sccp.9-2-1-0-uns.cop.sgn)

Under OS Administration I ran the install/upgrade to install the image

Checking under Device Defaults, the Load information changed from SCCP69xx.8-5-3-0-uns to SCCP69xx.9-2-1-0-uns

As we don't want to affect too many phones, I edited the Load Information and entered SCCP69xx.8-5-3-0-uns

Restarted the TFTP service under OS Serviceability

I edited the Phone load Name on a test 6941 to use SCCP69xx.9-2-1-0-uns, applied config, the phone resets.

However the phone is still using an Active Load of 9.0.2.0 with an Inactive Load of 8.5.1.66.24?

WTH? I'm a bit confused where this device gets its load information from and how it has a later version than the device defaults, unless it shippped with a later version than our CM had perhaps.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Brendan

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Brendan,

Are you currently running the SCCP firmware on the 69XX or the SIP image?

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

Also, it looks like you've downloaded the unsigned version of firmware.  I believe there is an issue moving from signed to unsigned versions of firmware.  Have you tried the signed version of firmware for the 69XX?

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Brendan,

Are you currently running the SCCP firmware on the 69XX or the SIP image?

HTH,

Chris

Also, it looks like you've downloaded the unsigned version of firmware.  I believe there is an issue moving from signed to unsigned versions of firmware.  Have you tried the signed version of firmware for the 69XX?

HTH,

Chris

Tried all the steps again with the signed version, beauty it worked. Thanks for pointing that out!

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Great, glad it worked and thanks for the rating!

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App