cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can UCCX forward a call to an outside phone after a wait time is exceeded?

kbrinker
Level 1
Level 1

I am recommending a UCCX to a client. They want the UCCX to perform a particular function that their current CC does for them.  When a call has been in a queue for an agent for longer than 2 minutes, they want the call forwarded to an outside line at a third-party Contact Center provider so the caller doesn't hang up.  This way the third-party can at least take the callers name, number and reason for calling and then send that information back to the client who will then have an agent call the customer. 

Can the UCCX do this?  If so, how is it done? I am looking for a specific scripting example if one is available.

Thanx

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Karl

All you need to is use the "Queued" part within the Select Resource step.

Basically create a loop within your script that does something like:

1. Play a prompt (wav file) thanking the caller for holding

2. Stick the call on hold for (say) 30 seconds.

3. Unhold the call

4. Increment a loop counter by 1.

5a. If the loop counter is greater than (say) 3, this means the call has been on hold for approx 2 mins, so send to your call redirect step.

5b. If not, return to 1.

HTH. Barry

P.S. I haven't found the estimated wait time statistic to be the most reliable thing in the world.... If you have a small number of agents on a queue it can be very very eratic, so I tend not to use it. I do often play the position in queue however, which is also available via get reporting statistic.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

sure, just use the redirect step.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi.

Yes is possible.

In "select resorurce" Step , in the Queue field you can an holding music of 2 minutes, after that you can insert a redirect step whic sends the call to an external number.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Carlo,

I looked-up the Select Resource Step. When say Queue field, do you mean CSQ Target field?

And when you say use MoH of 2 minutes, do you mean playing a .wav or similar file that has a length of 2 minutes and playing 1 time?  Could this also be done using a Get Reporting Statistic step that reports on current wait duration?

Karl

Hi Karl

All you need to is use the "Queued" part within the Select Resource step.

Basically create a loop within your script that does something like:

1. Play a prompt (wav file) thanking the caller for holding

2. Stick the call on hold for (say) 30 seconds.

3. Unhold the call

4. Increment a loop counter by 1.

5a. If the loop counter is greater than (say) 3, this means the call has been on hold for approx 2 mins, so send to your call redirect step.

5b. If not, return to 1.

HTH. Barry

P.S. I haven't found the estimated wait time statistic to be the most reliable thing in the world.... If you have a small number of agents on a queue it can be very very eratic, so I tend not to use it. I do often play the position in queue however, which is also available via get reporting statistic.

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Just to add to the responses here (+5 everyone), on CUCM what I normally do here is create a specific route pattern for the external number in an internal number partition. That means you don't need to give the UCCX CTI ports a CSS which can dial "normal" external numbers - just to protect against the possibility of toll fraud.

HTH. Barry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: