Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Create Custom Phone Button template for ATA 191 CUCM

Joe Ank
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everybody,

I have just installed CUCM 12.5 (Publisher/Subscriber), and I have 10 Cisco ATA 191 (1 RJ45 Port, 2 RJ11 port)

I want to register them on CUCM, I found it's default Phone Button Template has 1 Line, I tried to create Custom Phone Button Template for these ATA 191 that's support 2 Lines, but it's not possible to create the Second Line for it?

I tried to connect them by WebUI, it's Web Interface displays nothing to Modify

Could you please help me for this

Thank you in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

To add second line you need to register it as a second device changing the mac . The phone 2 MAC address need to be fabricated as mentioned below. 

Example

If the MAC address of the Cisco ATA is 00070EA26032, then the fabricated MAC address for the Phone 2 port would be 070EA2603201.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

To add second line you need to register it as a second device changing the mac . The phone 2 MAC address need to be fabricated as mentioned below. 

Example

If the MAC address of the Cisco ATA is 00070EA26032, then the fabricated MAC address for the Phone 2 port would be 070EA2603201.

Response Signature

Thank you Nithin,

it's worked perfectly

Thank you again

Nithin,

I tried this with a new ATA 191 and it didn't work for me. The MAC address of my ATA is A47806FC33D4. This device is registering to CUCM with line 1. I created a new ATA device in CUCM with the MAC address of 7806FC33D401 and it shows "rejected" and the real ATA won't register. Looking at the lights on the device, it appears to be in a reboot loop. 

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!

Lisa

***UPDATE***
I just got it to work. In CUCM I deleted the line 2 ATA device with the altered MAC address. I then made a "super copy" of the device with the line 1 (original) mac address, changed the MAC address and description to reflect the fabricated line 2 MAC address. Now line 1 and line 2 devices are both registered and have a dial tone.
Thank you very much!
Lisa

Hi Nithin.

I have tried the process suggested and it seems to have worked.  I have to travel to a remote site to 100% verify this.  Can you tell me if this process is documented somewhere in Cisco's configuration documentation.

Many thanks.