cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot install Subscriber when installing UCM 7.1(5b) cluster on VMware for Jump Upgrade

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hello,

I have a customer who has a CUCM 7.1(5b) cluster comprising two servers running on MCS hardware.

They want to move to UCM 9.1 and I am trying to follow the Jump Upgrade procedure.

I have built a replica of the Publisher and that worked ok (I had to edit the config to use an E1000 network adapter under VMware) but when I try to add the Subscriber I get a message:

Configuration validation with XXX-XXXXX-UCM01 failed.

Configured deployment connection does not match the deployment at XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

Is XXX-XXXXX-UCM01 the correct first node for this node?

I am certain that I have entered the correct details in ccmadmin to add the Subscriber to the cluster. The security password is definitely correct as, if I change it, I get a cannot connect message.

The only thing that I can think of that may be causing this is that I have not installed a license on the CUCM Pub but I do not think this should stop me adding the Subscriber to the cluster - I thought it just stopped me activating the CallManager service.

Any suggestions welcome as I am at a loss.

3 Replies 3

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

I have just checked the license page and it says that I have 3 node licenses (and 150 DLUs) so it cannot be a licensing issue.

Have you tried rebooting the publisher once?

Please rate useful posts.

It could be a few things - NTP reachable? possibly licensing as well.

Question - if you're doing this in a lab, to DRS back into production later - I typically note the CUCM Groups, and delete the subcribers and manually add them when back in production on the new version.

edit: if you can convince them to go 10 - then you can use prime collaboration deployment to do this migration.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: