cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot seem to delete voice mailbox - phone is still lit up red

ubergeek1
Level 1
Level 1

I have CUCM and Unity both are 8.6 and I moved an extension and deleted the vm mailbox and vm on this extension.  The problem is the phone handset is still red even after unplugging it and reregistering the phone.  How can I fix this?  We dont need a voice mailbox on this extension.  Any help would be great.  Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

I agree with Sreekanth (+5) smiley

In  CUCM look up the MW-Off number (Feature>Voicemail>Message  Waiting>Directory Number>Message Waiting Indicator Off )

This  will be a Directory Number like perhaps 2600. Go to the phone, press  the Line button, dial 2600 and the MWI Lamp/Icon will turn off.

Or if you need to do this via remote then you can temporarily re-create a mailbox for the DN in question. Get it set up, send a test message, listen to and delete the message, then wait a minute before deleting the mailbox and you should be good to go.

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Sreekanth Narayanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey ubergeek1,

Have you tried dialing the mwi off number on the phone? This should manually turn it off.

Thanks

I cannot find that in CUCM.  I oinly have Advanced Features > Voice Mail > Message Waiting and when I run the query nothing comes back.

That might mean there isn't any MWI number configured. I'm not sure how this is possible when you have an integration between CUCM and CUC.

I suggest you take a look at your CUC, under Telephony, and find the MWI numbers configured for this integration and create MWI extensions on the CUCM as well.

Note: Make sure that the MWI numbers have CSS that have access to the phone partition.

Once this is done, enter the MWI off number on the phone and this should do it.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

I agree with Sreekanth (+5) smiley

In  CUCM look up the MW-Off number (Feature>Voicemail>Message  Waiting>Directory Number>Message Waiting Indicator Off )

This  will be a Directory Number like perhaps 2600. Go to the phone, press  the Line button, dial 2600 and the MWI Lamp/Icon will turn off.

Or if you need to do this via remote then you can temporarily re-create a mailbox for the DN in question. Get it set up, send a test message, listen to and delete the message, then wait a minute before deleting the mailbox and you should be good to go.

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks all.  I had the recreate the mailbox and then delete.  That worked!