cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Carrier Access Codes in the UK?

kking2008
Level 1
Level 1

I'm in need of of some assitance from our friends in the UK.  I am familar with the US (NANP) concept of Carrier access Codes, that is 101xxxx.  101 followed by a Carrier Identification Code (CIC) to allow callers to choose another carrier or "dial-around" the carrier of record on the account.

I am being asked to implement this type of feature for a UK customer that wants to use Daisy Telecommunications.  I am being told that the access code for Daisy is 1844, but I don't know how to use it.  Is there a prefix to this code in order to establish the call through Daisy?  I can't imagine just dialing 0-1844-etc will do the trick due to overlap in the area codes.

Thanks (Cheers!)

K

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just prepend code to the called number.

http://www.lowercall.com/cps4.html

Ok, so to confirm, if I was to try to call the Thames Clippers at 020 7001 2200 and use cps code 1844, the dialstring would be 1844-020-7001-2200?  So the access code would be ahead of both the 0 (national call) and 20 (geographic area code).

thank you,

K

prepend

To attach to the beginning of data. For example, a header is "prepended" to a network packet. Although it sounds correct, prepend is not an English word. It was created to sound like the opposite of "append," which means to add to the end. The correct English word is "prefix;" for example, "the header is prefixed to the packet." See prefix

It always liked the word 

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

If this is for all calls, why don't they just speak to their telco provider and ask for "CPS" (Carrier Pre-Select) The choice of carrier can be done at the exchange.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: