cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCME

Rafael Jimenez
Level 4
Level 4

i have a uc500. I want the dial tone (when the users off-hook the phone) be different of the tone received after dial the 9 digit (secondary-dialtone). How can I do that.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi rafaeljimenez,

This can also be done on the CME admin web interface. Click Configure, then System parameters. You will then see a menu on the left hand side, click "Secondary Dialtone"

HTH, Please rate if so.

Regards,

Justin Brenton

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rafael,

Hope all is well :)

secondary-dialtone

To activate a secondary dial tone when a Cisco IP phone user dials a defined public switched telephone network (PSTN) access prefix, use the secondary-dialtone command in telephony-service configuration mode. To disable the secondary dial tone, use the no form of this command.

secondary-dialtone digit-string

Examples

The following example enables a secondary dial tone when a Cisco IP phone users press the digit 9 to get an outside line:

Router(config)# telephony-service

Router(config-telephony)# secondary-dialtone 9

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_s1ht.html#wp1021511

Hope this helps!

Rob

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This depends on the network-locale set under telephony-service.

If the configured country doesn't have defined a different tone, you can try changing country or looking at g3-tones.xml customization file. But not all phone models actually use g3-tones.xml.

Hi rafaeljimenez,

This can also be done on the CME admin web interface. Click Configure, then System parameters. You will then see a menu on the left hand side, click "Secondary Dialtone"

HTH, Please rate if so.

Regards,

Justin Brenton