Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CDR reports

Hello,

I am trying to pull a CDR for a call handler that is built in Unity Connection. Does anyone know if there is a way to pull historical data on a number in CDR and export it cleanly into excel. I am not that familiar with CDR and I have a user that is requesting call volume on a number for the last year and CDR would be the only way I know how to gather that data.

Thank you

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can search by phone number in CDR/CAR, but it's impossible to get information for a whole year, the maximum period of time CUCM will hold data for are 180 days (and that is assuming it has been configured to do so, and the volume of calls doesn't cause the records to overwrite before 180 days, or whatever your current setting is).

The only way to get a report for a whole year, is if you exported the CDR flat files to an external location, and process them there to get the data.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

VoIP Engineer
Level 1
Level 1

Here's a guide I wrote that can help introduce you to CDRs, and explain how to open them in excel:

Reading and Understanding CUCM CDR files

Another, likely easier way would be to get a 3rd party call reporting server.  If you go down that road, check out VoIP Detective.  There is a free forever version that reports on the previous 7 days, or a paid version that has no data retention limit.