cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CE8 for DX Series

AQR-Patrick
Level 1
Level 1

Are there any updates to the release date of CE8 or a similar software release for the DX Series, specifically the DX80 and DX70?  I see the Cisco site still only has 10.2(5.194)ES listed as the latest version available.  Thanks

30 Replies 30

Seen this once before. Do a factory reset of the device then use the Cisco FTP to upgrade it.

tintrabartolo1
Level 1
Level 1

Got it running on a few DX for testing. VERY nice.. The upgrade path is painful. hopefully that will simplify someday.

victor_angeles
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

On the documentation "Convert between CE software and Android-based software " it says that I need Android version 10.2.5.213 before using the tftp procedure to migrate to CE8.2.

In my case I bought a DX70 to use is at a demo and it came with Android 10.2.2.23 but I have NO CUCM to upgrade it to 10.2.5.213.

Anybody know how to do this interim upgrade?

Thanks a lot.

Victor

Check out upgrade.cisco.com<http://upgrade.cisco.com>

http://upgrade.cisco.com/DX

The Cisco Cloud Upgrader will install Collaboration Endpoint (CE) software version CE8.2.1<http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/ce8/release-notes/ce-software-release-notes-ce8.pdf>.

Note DX endpoints running older Android versions will automatically be upgraded to version 10-2-5-212 before being converted to CE. There is no minium Android version required for a DX70 or DX80 to use this service.

Thanks

Srini

Awesome, thanks a lot Srini.

Regards

jklooney1225
Level 1
Level 1

Right now my DX70 is on CE 8.3 Alpha. Does anyone know when Wifi will be available again and on whcih version of CE?

It's available on 8.3 train for sure. Make sure in the admin web interface of the unit it's turned on

Thanks

Srini

I believe the current CE8.3 train is concentrating on home based WiFi for MRA deployments, and future releases will then include the options geared towards the enterprise.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

jklooney1225
Level 1
Level 1

I don't see the capability of turning on wifi. Could this be because my dx70 is registered to spark?

CE8.3 isn't released yet, so unitl it is, Spark registered endpoints won't be running it and have wifi capability yet.  On another note, if your endpoint is Spark registered, the API is locked down and you can't access the web interface, so unless the capability to enabled/disable wifi is an option on the touch screen, you won't be able to enable it.

Administer Cisco Spark Room Systems

jklooney1225
Level 1
Level 1

CE 8.3 Alpha was released at some point because that is the software on my DX70. Is there any tentative date for when the wifi will be available again? This is a huge loss when registering DX's to Spark.

As you're running an "Alpha" version, it's not something that was officially released, and would be something that was provided specially for testing or early field testing.  You don't mention which Alpha you are using (from memory, there were at least 4, and there is now a Beta, so we're getting closer to a Release Candidate). If you want a supportable version, I'd suggest your downgrade it back to CE8.2.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

jklooney1225
Level 1
Level 1

When I first got my DX70 it was still on the Android software and I wanted to register it to spark. I was given a link, upgrade.cisco.com, so I could get it on the CE software. It automatically upgraded my dx to that alpha version.

If you hadn't seen already, CE8.3.0 was released in early January.  CE8.3.1 has also come out since then (26 Jan 2017), and a new Android to CE conversion load has been released which will give you CE8.3.1 with WiFi support on conversion.

Wayne
--

Axel Pichelmann
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

For the migration of DX80 from Android to CE Firmware, the endpoint configuration on the CUCM needs to be changed from "Cisco DX80" to "Cisco Telepresence DX80" device.

A cutomer uses CUCM Version 10.5.1 and the template for Cisco Telepresence DX80 seems only to be included in CUCM device packs for 10.5.2.
Is there any way to migrate the DX80 on CUCM version 10.5.1 from Android to CE, or do I need to upgrade the CUCM Cluster to 10.5.2 or higher?

Thanks

BR

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: