cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

change the default settings when I connect new phone?

Can I change the default settings when I connect new phone?

Device pool, phone button template, softkey template, m location, and so on...

For now, when connect a new phone, the above information is selected as default.

This is so uncomfortable.

5 Replies 5

Are you referring to values set when a phone registers with auto registration? If so not to my knowledge. However you can configure the phone in CUCM pre first connection and then it would get whatever settings you have defined.

Response Signature

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @JustTakeTheFirstStep , 

Unfortunately, this is not possible via auto-registration process.

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Turn of the auto registration and you can manually add phone with your on settings.

But with auto,it takes what ever defined.

Response Signature

The phone is automatically assigned a number.

However, all settings must be set manually.

I want to change the defaults for button template, softkey template, location etc.

I want to know how.

The phone gets the number assigned because you use Auto registration. This creates the phone in the CUCM with default settings. The defaults can’t be modified, however the settings for the phone can be changed in the admin webUI by going to Devices > Phone menu.

If you instead would create the phone manually, before it’s first connected, from the same menu as above you would have control of the whole configuration for it, including the directory number.

Response Signature