cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing the label "Corporate Directory"

Bruce Hirayama
Level 1
Level 1

I have an education customer that prefers to have the label "Corporate Directory" replaced with the schools name. In CM 4.x, it was easy enough to edit the XML file and put it back in the ccmcip directory. Does anybody know if this can be done in CUCM 7.x?

12 Replies 12

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's not possible, access to the Tomcat folder where the files are, is restricted

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the help.

s-butler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, just responding to this Message. If you are using CUCM 7.X this is simply achvieved my renaming the Corporate Directory within the CUCM Web page. You can also change the order of the Corporate Directory and Personal Directory on the phone by simply swapping the names around.

regards,

Steve

Thanks for the response. We figured that out a month or so ago as well. Funny thing about this is that even the TAC didn't know that this could be done.

It's always courteous in these cases to go back to the person explaining how the issue was solved. So a better help can be given next time.

We did inform the TAC engineer we were working with that we had found the solution. He thanked us for letting him know since he was unaware of that being added to CUCM 7 at the time.

We did inform the TAC engineer we were working with that we had found the solution. He thanked us for letting him know since he was unaware of that being added to CUCM 7 at the time.

Hi we are running 7.x, can you please tell me specifically where within the admin tool you would change this?

Many thanks

Log in to CUCM Admin console. Go to Device -> Device Settings -> Phone Services. Click find to show the lsiting of available services and then click on the Corporate Directory service. Change the Service Name to whatever you want to show in the directories listing. Update your phone subscriptions and then reset your phones for the change to take effect.

thank you!

Hi couple other quick questions come to mind, appreciate your help.

Do I only need to change SERVICE NAME, or also ASCII SERVICE NAME? Just want to be sure I don't change something and then break it.

Also as we work in a hospital, hard to reset 900 phones.. What if I change it, and update subscriptions, but don't reset phones immediately... Will those phones still just show CORP directory, and it would still work for them... then the name would update next time their phone is reset?

The Service Name is what shows in the Directories listing. Changing the ASCII Service Name is not required but doesn't seem to hurt anything. If you update the subscriptions but don't reset the phones, they'll continue to show the Corporate Directory label and will function as usual. The next time the phone resets the directory name will be updated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: