cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Chaning FXS Port Type on VG224 via MGCP Config in CUCM 10.x

NPT_2
Level 2
Level 2

Is there a way once set to change a single FXS port in a VG224 without affecting all the other 24 total ports as configured via MGCP in Callmanager 10.x.  For example if we have 12 ports fully configured for Loop Start and someone accidently set for 13 for POTS, is there anyway to remove or change that single port configuration to Loop Start without destroying all the other port configurations? 

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Absolutely as the configuration is per port.

How do you actually do that?  In CUCM it lists the main 24FX module and has the individual ports listed but there is no option I'm seeing to change the individual port type once it has been created. 

My apologies I did not read the question properly, if this VG224 all the ports are FXS ports, these cannot be POTS. VG224 is an analog gateway for station ports not trunks.

​The problem is we have one port accidentally set to POTS and I don't see any way in Callmanager to set it to the correct loop start setting short of deleting all the 24 FXS ports or the gateway itself.  Either way would not be fun.  At this point we're just considering that one port indefinitely unusable.  Any other thoughts on how to change the one port setting? 

Jim

So, where is set to POTS? On the voice-port on the VG224? If so, you should be able to change it there.

It is an MGCP controlled VG224 gateway, so it is set in Callmanager which pushes the configuration automatically to the VG224 Gateway.  I suppose I could change the gateway configuration to not dynamically reconfigure via callmanager but that would remove the ability to configure the ports and dial peers automatically on the gateway by simply changing the settings in callmanager which would be a real pain and prevent most of our telecom staff from setting up new fax lines because they don't know IOS very well. 

Yes I know how MGCP works, though I stopped using it years ago due to its less than desired reliability :-)

with that being said it sounds like someone change the port setting on the GW itself as I don't see how CUCM could push down pots config for an FXO port on vg224.

You just use the commands on your gateway:

ccm-manager config server 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.2 (IP Addresses of CCM Servers)
ccm-manager config

This actually will let your CUCM push dial peers, MGCP, and port configurations to the gateway automatically, it is a major time saver and allows you to make changes in CUCM that are automatically pushed to the Gateways.  Real handy when you have hundreds of dial patterns.