Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2911 E1- controller issue

Steffymurphy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

When i run show isdn status it says layer 1 deactivated I am trying to make e1 controller up (Cisco 2911)

Licenses seeems to be fine,PVDM card is installed ,in show diag I can see my cards installed

I have checked my all configuration and seems to be affermative on my part when I refer to the cisco guide.

And my service provider says they have checked the configuration and it seems to be ok from their end

Is there any way I can troubleshoot more to know if am i missing anything from my end before I argue with Service provider?

like any commands ?

Please share any link which will help me to troubleshoot more on Layer1 ,Layer2 part

steffy..

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If layer 1 is down, start by making sure all the HW is right, do a loopback test and make sure your cabling is the right one.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

[+5] to Jaime.

you can refer the link

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/device-signaling/116492-trouble-t1e1-00.html

Also, check whether u are correct the pins 1,2 and 4,5[try swapping them for TX and RX]

you can do a physical loop from your side towards TELCO and ask them to check fo Loop using BERT.

regds,

aman