Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2911 PRI incoming calls intermittent issue

ciscoproxy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm currently facing an issue with my Cisco 2911 voice router. The incoming calls for my general line is affected. When the caller calls the general line, the receptionist can hear the ring tone but when off-hook sometimes the calls get connected. Sometimes when off-hook the caller still hears the ringing tone but the call disconnected on the receptionist's end.

The running-config of the voice gw is attached here. Need expert opinion on this matter. By the way, the gw running on the latest suggested version from Cisco.

4 Replies 4

The configuration you shared has no PRI configurations. You are using analogue lines. make a call if there is an issues, find out on which port the call landed.

Response Signature

ciscoproxy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @Nithin Eluvathingal,

Yes, it's an analog line. The calls land in any one of the three voice ports below but if we bypass the voice gw and plug an analog phone directly into the provider line the incoming calls work fine without any issues.

voice-port 0/0/0
no battery-reversal
input gain 14
no comfort-noise
cptone MY
timing hookflash-out 50
connection plar opx 18000
threshold noise -30
station-id number 0356218000
caller-id enable
!
voice-port 0/0/1
no battery-reversal
input gain 14
no comfort-noise
cptone MY
timing hookflash-out 50
threshold noise -30
caller-id enable

!
voice-port 0/1/0
no battery-reversal
input gain 14
no comfort-noise
cptone MY
timing hookflash-out 50
threshold noise -30
caller-id enable

All these three analogue lines has same number  ? or different ?

Can you explain a little more about the issue you are facing, for analogues port disconnect issues are common.

Response Signature

ciscoproxy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @Nithin Eluvathingal,

All the 3 voice ports are configured for the same line and are being used as general line for the office. From VG the general line 0356218000 translated to 18000 and on CUCM we have one extension configured 18000 which the calls will forwarded to another extension 5100 which is assigned to the receptionist's IP Phone.