cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 562 picking up calls on non-primary lines.

RTA80
Level 1
Level 1

For the Cisco 561/562 headsets - will the electronic hookswitch notify for calls not on the primary line? 

We have a setup where people have their primary phone number on line 1/2 and the get calls from a finesse queue on line 3.  

Need to confirm that when line 3 rings, it will notify agent in the headset and when they can answer using the on headset controls. 

Phones used are Cisco 8861. 

**Have had issues with Jabra Engage where the hookswitch will ring the headset but only pickup/open line 1, even though it is line 3 ringing. Looking at the 561-561 headsets as a suitable substitute. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

My voice engineering found a fix for the Jabra Engage headset.  Seems the setting for "Always use Prime Line" was set to "True" when we moved that to "False" it now allows the EHS to answer the ringing line. 

I would imagine the Cisco 561/562 would do likewise, especially now that we've updated that setting. Look forward to testing once I get my hands on one. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Never even crossed my mind that the hook switch would not work on all the lines there is on a phone. To the best of my knowledge it should operate the same across all of the lines defined on the phone.

I think I possibly have a similar headset laying around. I’ll check on this and get back to you if you haven’t already got a response from someone else in the community.

Response Signature

My voice engineering found a fix for the Jabra Engage headset.  Seems the setting for "Always use Prime Line" was set to "True" when we moved that to "False" it now allows the EHS to answer the ringing line. 

I would imagine the Cisco 561/562 would do likewise, especially now that we've updated that setting. Look forward to testing once I get my hands on one.