cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7821 phone wont boot up.

otfavoured
Level 1
Level 1

Good day to you, I would really love your insight on this cisco phone that I'm troubleshooting at the moment, we noticed last week that the two phones just gets lit up anytime power is applied to it, it doesn't boot up/load firmware, it just illuminate the screen and nothing shows up. Not sure what must have happened with the phones, Out of 20 phones in the building just this two starts acting up. 

I have tried all sorts of reset to bring this phones up, but nothing seems to work. Thank you.

2 Replies 2

Sadav Ansari
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If phone stucked with cisco logo screen its means phone having bootstrap loader issue which means its unable to load firmware which are stored on flash of ip phone to initialize its hardware and software.

Raise an RMA with Cisco if its cover under warranty.

Pls rate if "Helpful", If this answered your question pls "Accept as Solution".

It’s time for you to get the replacement phone. If the device is under SmartNet, raise an RMA . If it’s not covered by SmartNet, you’ll need to acquire a new one.

If you choose to renew SmartNet now, there will be a cooling-off period of 30 days. Once that period expires, you’ll be able to raise an RMA

Response Signature