cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 7821 will not boot properly

Carl Morgan
Level 1
Level 1

I am hoping that someone in the community has run across this issue and has a resolution.

At our organization we are in the process of switching over to a Cisco based phone system and are replacing existing devices with Cisco devices. I am responsible for configuring the devices in CUCM and ensuring that the devices will connect to the network. I have encountered an issue that when I connect a device to the network the device will present the Cisco splash screen, as expected, but then after the Energy Star logo fades out in about 3 secs the letters "wlstron" appears on the screen, the MWI light lights up, and the device remains locked at this point. All attempts to "factory reset" the device have failed to get me past this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

I've had a couple like that. We sent them back to the supplier for replacements.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Try to connect the Phone to a different switch port .

Change the Ethernet cable you are using and try using a different one.

Try using another phone and connect it to the same port where your faulty phone is connected to. It would help you in testing if it is a port phone issue itself.

If it is the phone issue then I would recommend to get this phone replaced.

Regards

Abhay Reyal

Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

I've had a couple like that. We sent them back to the supplier for replacements.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.