Helpful
Replies

Random DND after calls

CrowleyFleck
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM 10.0.1.11900-2

Presence 10.0.1.11901-2

We've been on CM version 10 for about 8 months, but upgraded Presence from 8.6 to 10.0 about a month ago.

I have about 275 model 8945 phones registered and in the last couple days started having an issue with a couple of them (mine included). After a phone call (or even just off-hook, then on-hook) the phone goes into DND. It only appears to be affecting 3 or 4 phones. I have rebooted the desk phones, but that doesn't fix.

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Crowley,

You may check the following points:

1) Are the affected phone sin a separate device pool / site compared to the working phones?

2) Are these phones running a different firmware from working phones?

3) Do these phones have any additional config, like expansion modules or other accessories that are different from working phones?

4) Can you try deleting and readding one of the phones to see if the issue is resolved

5) You should be looking at upgrading the cucm and IM&P versions to 10.5 since 10.0 is not a recommended version

Manish

Mysteriously, the phones seem to have stopped going into DND over the weekend. I don't know if it has completely stopped, or just moved to a different set of random phones. I didn't make any changes or do any service restarts over the weekend.

1. Phones are in separate device pools.

2. All phones are on the same firmware.

3. No additional config or accessories.

4. I haven't tried deleting/adding the phone yet

5. We have a plan to move to ver 11 in the near future.

So I guess until it happens again, I'm at a stand still.

Thanks for the suggestions.