cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7937G No dial tone

Greg Dickinson
Level 1
Level 1

I have a really strange issue... I have a 7937G registered with CUCM 10.5 and it has no dial tone.  However, everything else works - it shows as off-hook when I press the green button, I can dial other handsets (or external numbers) and the speaker/mic works, and in fact if I leave it "off hook" without dialing a number I get the "Your call could not be completed as dialed" message.

This has me stumped, I don't even know where to start looking.  Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Greg,

A few things you may try:

>> Change the device pool or callmanager group assigned to this phone so that it registers to a different callmanager server

>> Delete and readd the phone on cucm

>> Check for any unassigned Directory numbers in the same range as this phone and delete them ( Call routing > Route plan report )

>> Try connecting it to a diff switchport

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Greg,

A few things you may try:

>> Change the device pool or callmanager group assigned to this phone so that it registers to a different callmanager server

>> Delete and readd the phone on cucm

>> Check for any unassigned Directory numbers in the same range as this phone and delete them ( Call routing > Route plan report )

>> Try connecting it to a diff switchport

HTH

Manish

I'm unsure what the actual problem was - I disconnected it over the weekend as I needed the connection for a different test phone, and when I reconnected it this morning it worked as expected.  Manish I flagged your answer as "correct" since it's entirely possible it registered with the pub instead of the subscriber this time around.  Regardless it seems that disconnecting and reconnecting power fixed the issue.

Hi Greg,

Thanks for updating the post. Moving the phone to a different switchport or unplugging/replugging it will not change the device pool and hence the phone will register to the same cucm server as earlier. It could very well have been some other issue which required a phone reset and i am glad its working fine now :)

Manish