cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7942g

CSCO11888147
Level 1
Level 1

Please i need help!! i just reset one of  my phone cisco's and now its like looking for the firmware and i don have it and i cant download becasuse im not a CCIE, os someone could help me with that?

i really would appreciate that!!

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

First, you should work to get your ESW (if CUCM) or SASU (if CCME) contract associated to your profile. Your Cisco Account Manager, or more appropriately, Cisco Partner can assist you in finding the contract number and associating it to your profile. If you do not have an active contract you are not legally entitled to any software downloads.

Second, even if you were to download the firmware, loading firmware on the phone manually (i.e. without the TFTP server that ships with the CUCM/CCME product) is involved and requires a thorough understanding of the process. You would be best advised to fix whatever network issues are present - such as the DHCP Option 150 for your TFTP server - and reset the phone again. If the network is properly configured the phone will download firmware and flash it into memory automatically.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You do not need to be a CCIE but simply buy a support contract.

If you cannot do that, contact the Cisco partner that installed the system.

When i try to download thats what they want

• If you do not have a Technical Support Services Agreement you can get one through:

Your Cisco Account Team if you have a direct purchase agreement with Cisco

Your Cisco Partner or Reseller

• Once you have the Technical Support Services Agreement you must associate your Technical Support Services Agreement to your Cisco.com user ID with

Then i dont know where get it where is my Cisco Account team?

phooghen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Which product do you use ? Callmanager or CallManager Express ?

Normally when you reset a phone, it should not upload the phone firmware since the firmware is on the phone flash memory.

If you have Callmanager, the firmware can be downloaded from the Callmanager running the TFTP service.

Actually i dont know wich one because im in another building where im installing a new extensions so, a couple of my phones doesnt get the ip dhcp so i reset one to see if now work, then i was like ups! bad idea and i dont have access to the tftp server, im waiting 7 january to have the acces but i did the mistake so i just want the firmware for anycase of problems

First, you should work to get your ESW (if CUCM) or SASU (if CCME) contract associated to your profile. Your Cisco Account Manager, or more appropriately, Cisco Partner can assist you in finding the contract number and associating it to your profile. If you do not have an active contract you are not legally entitled to any software downloads.

Second, even if you were to download the firmware, loading firmware on the phone manually (i.e. without the TFTP server that ships with the CUCM/CCME product) is involved and requires a thorough understanding of the process. You would be best advised to fix whatever network issues are present - such as the DHCP Option 150 for your TFTP server - and reset the phone again. If the network is properly configured the phone will download firmware and flash it into memory automatically.

Thanks, actually i have everything confugured ok! option 150, pool dhcp, but some how, some Phones doesnt get the IP address, so i have to wait until the other side of the Network its ready, like this the phone have to get the firmware from the server that means, The server already has the firmware for anyphone request, well good to know that,

Actually im just starting in networking world i just trying to get a CCNA, i have my test the next week

Thanks!