Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7945 - factory reset

jenshansen2300
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have unfortunately performed a factory reset and entered the wrong TPTF-server-information in the phone.

I have by doing so removed the firmare. What can I do?

Thanx

Jens

10 Replies 10

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Factory reset would not delete the firmware. 

jenshansen2300
Level 1
Level 1

When I power on my 7945, then it goes in upgrade-mode. How do I get back to where I can use my phone?

To use a 79XX phone for non-Cisco branded call managers, you will need the following: 

1. A known working SEPmacaddress.cnf.xml configuration file
  2. Firmware of the phone
  3. Dialing plan file
  4. TFTP server to put all the files (1, 2 & 3) in. 
  5. Disable NAT
  6. Disable SIP ALG

Thank you for your advice.

I do have one problem. Since my phone now is in upgrade-mode - I am unable to change the TPTF-server-settings in my phone. My phone looks for an IP 192.168.0.19 which is not someting I can choose in my TPFT-server-program.

If you are able to help me, I would be very grateful.

@jenshansen2300 wrote:

I am unable to change the TPTF-server-settings in my phone.

DHCP Option 150 is a mandatory "requirement" for Cisco-branded phones.  This setting instructs the phone(s) the correct IP address of the TFTP server.  

Thank you for all the replies.

How do I generate the SEP[MAC].cnf.xml file?

My phone has no working firmware at the moment.

How do I tell my phone the IP-adress of the TPTF-server?

Thank you

It gets the TFTP server via DHCP if you define option 150 in the scope.

Response Signature

@jenshansen2300 wrote:

How do I generate the SEP[MAC].cnf.xml file?

I want to help people but if no one wants (or bothers) to read my responses properly, there is not much I can do.  

If you are working with CUCME, you would build the phone in CUCME and a version of that file is generated. Same with CUCM. Build the phone and when you click "Save" the cnf.xml file is generated and placed onto the TFTP server.

The 7945 does not work without a PBX of some kind, so if you are looking to build a file and simply upload it into the phone it won't work like that.

Does this help?

Maren

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

Can you set up a separate VLAN with DHCP pointing to a TFTP server running on a PC or similar?  That's what I did a while ago to force firmware upgrades onto apparently bricked phones.  Your TFTP directory needs to contain the firmware files unzipped from the Cisco download, you also make a copy of the .loads file and rename as "term45.default.loads". 

DHCP server needs to specify your TFTP server address in Option 150

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: