Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7960 firmware upgrade to sip: not taking sip as firmware

Anupam Singh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

My Cisco 7960 IP phones are registered with SCCP right now. I uploaded sip firmware files in router Flash using tftp server. cisco 2911 ISR router is used as tftp server. After uploading sip firmware I reset ip phones but Phones are still registering with SCCP. 

Can Anyone help me please what could be possible reason so these phones are not registering with SIP. 

Following steps was taken after uploading Firmware.

tftp-server flash:P003-07-5-00.sbn
tftp-server flash:P0S3-07-5-00.sb2
tftp-server flash:P0S3-07-5-00.loads
tftp-server flash:P0S3-07-5-00.bin

Please Find attachment for log files

Thank You

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Dear, As per attached configuration you have uploaded the fw on router only but you have not done even basic configuration for sip phone.

Please go through the below link and configure accordingly.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-express/99946-cme-sip-guide.html

Suresh

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Dear, As per attached configuration you have uploaded the fw on router only but you have not done even basic configuration for sip phone.

Please go through the below link and configure accordingly.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-express/99946-cme-sip-guide.html

Suresh

Suresh, Thanks a lot for your suggestion. First I need my phone to accept SIP flash firmware so that I can go to next phase of configuration such as sip profile, dial peers, did etc. 

Actually I have deleted all SCCP firmware (P00300xxxx) from flash memory and uploded SIP firware (P0S00xxxx). But when I reset my phone and reload router, phones are still registering with SCCP firmware. Can anyone explain why this is happening? 

When I reload router(c2911), it is not able to read SIP firmware file. Following messages are appearing during boot process :-

Warning: flash0:P003-07-5-00.sbn does not exist.  Command retained.
Warning: flash0:P003-07-5-00.bin does not exist.  Command retained.
Warning: flash0:P0S3-07-5-00.sb2 does not exist.  Command retained.
Warning: flash0:P0S3-07-5-00.loads does not exist.  Command retained.
Warning: flash0:P0S3-07-5-00.bin does not exist.  Command retained.

I copied these firmware into flash of router. 

Any suggestion from anyone is vary valuable for me.

Thank You.

Thank you Suresh. it was my mistake. Voice register global configuration was needed to load sip firmware same like telephony-services command used for SCCP. 

voice register global 

The above warnings in last post were because of I targeted above using tftp-server command. 

The another problem I am encountering that Phone is registered with sip but it not going back to SCCP. I deregistered sip but ip phone is not leaving SIP. 

Can Anyone help about it

Thank You.

You are most welcome Anupam and it's good to know that you have done it.

Have you removed the mac address of this phone from voice register pool ? Is ephone is correctly configured as earlier for this phone ?

If yes, then please try to factory reset the phone just to clean everything on it.

Suresh