Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7965 IP Phones not registering after reconnect LAN

JOHNSON CHIRRA
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

we have Cucm running with 10.5.2.14901-1 version and 100+ Cisco 7965 IP Phone (SCCP45.9-4-2SR3-1S). We are facing one issue, Unable Register after reconnect Lan cable or restart the IP Phone which is working. we tried 4-5 IP Phone are not registering after a power cycle or Shutdown and no-shutdown Switch port which is Registered working phones.

As per my Observation Remaining all other models(78XX//68XX//69XX//88XX) are registered and working after reconnect Lan or power cycle.

Please provide the solution.

Thanks & Regards,

Johnson.

5 Replies 5

Can you check if the phones are getting proper IP after power cycle. 

and also check status message on phones from settings. 

Response Signature

Dear Nithin,

As per my observation IP address released and able to ping from IP Phone. We tried another model (78XX)Phone connected same switch port its registered & working. But cisco 7965 Ip Phone only its showing Registering ....

Regards,

Johnson

Ahmed Abdulle
Level 1
Level 1

Can you make sure that CDP is enabled on the Switchport and Voice VLAN is configured?

What do you see on the screen of the IP Phones which failed to register?

Regards,

Dear Ahmed,

I have  configured different Vlan on switch port access and deleted CTL file under security setting on phone. It showing  TFTP timeout on the phone.

We tried another model (78XX)Phone connected same switch port its registered & working.

Does the phones got proper IP And TFTP address. Check the network setting on the phone.

erase network setting from phone.  To erase U need to unlock by**#

Response Signature