Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7971 - reboot loop upgrading... failed

cyberhostpro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I got a Cisco 7971 refurb today, i read online to reset the config hold # during boot and enter 123456789*0#  which rebooted the phone.

Now it boots up and shows upgrading screen, then says error and reboots itself.

anyone know how i can fix this?

23 Replies 23

cyberhostpro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

i've downloaded 8.5.2 so thanks for that. i extractracted them to a new folder called c:\firm and set my tFTP client to point to that folder. 

I then rebooted the phone, it downloads the term71.defaults.load then reboots. then upgrading comes back on screen and says failed, then adds to the log another download of term71.defaults.load as shown in screen shot.

I have experienced this before..It just tells you that you have the wrong firmware (ie the phone cant upgrade to that firmware) for the phone on the tftp server. Can you try using 8.3 firmware..Download that to a tftp..Make sure that you extract all the files including term71.defaults

Please rate all useful posts

cyberhostpro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

each 8.3 firmware i try to download on the cisco site says this:-

Cis is causen real trouble with these restriction in places.

They require a valid support contract to downalod images, then the absurd thing sis that many products are EoL already, and no support contract can be purchsed anymore.

I can only suggest again, for SIP service at home, use something else.b

cyberhostpro
Level 1
Level 1

Its not for at home its for office use with our PBX which is asterix.   I've bought these phones and they were not just cheap throw away prices I need to get them to work.

Do you know anywhere I could find a copy of these files?

cyberhostpro
Level 1
Level 1

http://www.drow.org/core/xennor/doc/

this firmware is installing :-)  

cyberhostpro
Level 1
Level 1

were back in business :-)

Chris,

Glad to know it worked. I was just downloading the files for you.

Dont forget to rate helpful posts. It does help 1. people with similar problems to know what the resolution was and 2. Appreciates people who tried to help..

Please rate all useful posts

cyberhostpro
Level 1
Level 1

without you I wouldn't of got this working! so thank u so much.

Now to work out why it wont work with my sip config file... but i'll sort that out!

thanks again!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: