Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8832 phone on CM version 9.1.2.12900-11

prajwal.sunwar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

One of our clients have purchased Cisco 8832 phone and I understand this phone is compatible with CUCM Versions: 10.5(2) and above.

I am trying to understand what my options to add this phone in our current enviroment .

a>As a normal Cisco phone (please help with steps)

b>As Third party SIP phone (please help with steps)

Thanks.....

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You won't get any support from Cisco as you're not running the required version of CUCM for that endpoint to be used natively.

As Chris mentions, if you want to use the device with all the features it has, you need to upgrade to a compatible release.

Not to mention that you'll be completely out of support at the end of this year if you remain on CUCM 9.x

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/eos-eol-notice-c51-735216.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You are correct you require CUCM 10.5.2+ to be able to add this model into configuration natively. As you point out you could define it as Advanced 3rd party SIP device, but it does not guarantee it's going to work, nor is it going to give you all of the expected features. Your best option would be to upgrade CUCM to newer version or purchase older supports conference phones.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You won't get any support from Cisco as you're not running the required version of CUCM for that endpoint to be used natively.

As Chris mentions, if you want to use the device with all the features it has, you need to upgrade to a compatible release.

Not to mention that you'll be completely out of support at the end of this year if you remain on CUCM 9.x

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/eos-eol-notice-c51-735216.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate